Dr. Mohammed Rehan Sayeed
Best Cardiac Surgeon in Bangalore
Dr. Mohammed Rehan Sayeed is an alumnus from the prestigious Madras Medical College where he did his basic medical education and general surgery training. A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, he did his Masters in Cardiothoracic Surgery from Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
An alumnus from the Boston University, he graduated as the Chief Resident and went onto to do his Pediatric Cardiac Surgery training from The Children’s Hospital, Boston, and Harvard Medical School. A fellowship in Heart Failure Surgery and Heart Transplantation from the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio where he also trained in Minimal Access Valve Repair Surgery and complex aortic surgeries.
He has many firsts to his name. He performed the first endoscopic heart surgery in South India and is the proud owner of the single largest series of Minimal access off pump bypass surgery in the world. A pioneer in Hybrid cardiac surgery in India performing the whole spectrum from adult to pediatric hybrid surgeries. He has been an innovator always looking for new frontiers, actively involved in designing of instrumentation to make Minimal access cardiac surgery easy, reproducible and safe. He has mentored many surgeons in this field and is an invited speaker on Minimal access cardiac surgery in most national and international meetings. He does 80-90 % of his surgeries through minimal access approach and has the largest single surgeon series in the country.
An entrepreneur by passion he has helped set up a large number of hospitals the most notable being a chain of premium boutique mother and child care centers under the name “ Motherhood”. He has redefined the standards in delivery of healthcare and taken it to higher levels.
In this journey panning a decade of surgery and entrepreneur ship he has been a large hearted man setting up a Foundation to help the poor and needy in the fields of healthcare and education. He has rehabilitated many families and educated a large number of children. His motto is” good health and good education is all empowering”.
- First endoscopic ASD closure in south India
- First Endoscopic repair of a complex congenital heart defect- rerouting of pulmonary veins (PAPVC)
- First endoscopic closure of VSD
- Largest single surgeon series of Minimally invasive bypass surgeries( over 3000 till date)
- Largest single surgeon series of minimally invasive cardiac surgeries ( over 8000 till date)
- First hybrid coronary bypass surgery in the country
- First hybrid valve + coronary surgery combination
- Pioneer of hybrid aortic surgery in bangalore.
- Set up Bangalore’s first stand alone MInimal Access cardiac surgery center – “The Heart Center”.
- Has started many cardiac surgical programs and trained many surgeons from across the world notably Iraq, South east Asia and nordic countries.
- Minimal access valve repair surgery
- Minimal access coronary artery bypass surgery – MICAS,MIDCAB
- Hybrid coronary artery bypass surgery
- Hybrid aortic surgery
- Complex aortic aneurysm surgery
- Redo surgeries
- Pediatric cardiac surgery.